SOLVED

Sum data based on selected criteria

Copper Contributor

Hi Excel Experts!

I’m trying to create a formula to sum referenced and filtered data base on an input year.

I have data being pulled from sheets based on different criteria and want to be able to QC against the sum of the values based on the year selected.

I’ve created a simplified version below:

image003.png

B6 is a dropdown option to select years in B1:Q1

I want to be able to QC the number in L9 by looking up the input year in B6 and summing the data in the top table – i.e. in this case, from 2009 would be SUM(F2:N2)

I've tried a combination of IF and SUM and FILTER but need some expert advice! Thanks in advance

5 Replies

@pawswag What does "to QC a number" mean? And what's the logic for only summing 2009 through 2017?

QC - quality check
I will be selecting a year as a look forward date (in the example 2009) and want to sum values from this date forward.

@pawswag 

Why from 2009 to 2017, not from 2009 to 2020 or 2015?

only because in the example i created the dates went up to 2017!

in the real data I want to be able to sum from a look forward date (in the past) to a future date
best response confirmed by pawswag (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@pawswag Still don't understand what "quality checking a number" means, but perhaps the attached file contains the type of solution you are asking for. Screenshot 2022-02-09 at 06.34.36.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by pawswag (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@pawswag Still don't understand what "quality checking a number" means, but perhaps the attached file contains the type of solution you are asking for. Screenshot 2022-02-09 at 06.34.36.png

View solution in original post