SOLVED

Subtotal function not working

Copper Contributor

I'm using Excel (from office.com), I've tried the SUBTOTAL() function, but it doesn't work, only the text of the function is displayed in the cell, not the subtotal value.

1st thing, even so all my Windows interfaces are in English, the Excel formulas show up in German?

So this =SUBTOTAL(9,F8:F40) turns into this: =TEILERGEBNIS(9,F8:F40)

F9 fn key doesn't do anything here.

image.png

Any idea? thanks.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by fdefever (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@fdefever The format of the cell may be "Text". Set it to "General", click in the cell and press Enter. That should fix it.

Or, since your Excel version is German, you may have to enter a semi-colon in stead of a comma to separate the arguments in the formula.

@Riny_van_Eekelen Thanks for pointing out using ';' that fixed the formula!

Now I wonder how to switch the formulas to English?

thanks again.

@fdefever Haven't tried myself, but believe you can download other language packs. under FILE, Options, Language. Didn't click all the way through but it seems you can choose from many languages and it requires a restart.

Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 10.52.00.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by fdefever (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@fdefever The format of the cell may be "Text". Set it to "General", click in the cell and press Enter. That should fix it.

Or, since your Excel version is German, you may have to enter a semi-colon in stead of a comma to separate the arguments in the formula.

View solution in original post