SUBTOTAL AND GRAND TOTAL

Copper Contributor

PLEASE HELP ME. I WANT TO USE FORMULA TO SUM COLUMNC AND TOTAL SHOULD BE IN COLUMN D WHILE THE SAM E FORMULA SHOULD SUM  COLUMN B AND TOTAL SHOULD BE IN COLUMN D . THEN THE TOTAL OF COLUMN B SHOULD BE SUBTRACTED FROM TOTAL OF COLUMN C IN COLUMN D

EXAMPLE

CRM1                                900

CRM2                              1000       

CRM3                                2000              3900   

STATION1       400

STATION2       500

STATION3      1100                                 2000

4 Replies
=SUM(Column_B_Values)-SUM(Column_C_Values)

@FANIMOF 

See attached. I assume you are just beginning with Excel, assume so because using the SUM function is one of the most basic of all Excel functions. 

So the spreadsheet I have attached does what you asked, but I would also strongly recommend that you do some self-education on excel, either through some books--there are MANY--or some good internet sites that cover basics. Excel, like any other powerful tool, can produce wonderful results; it can also be dangerous if not handled with care.

Thanks for your effort. That is not what I want. It is deeper than that. I want a single formula that can get 3900,2000 and 1900 . FOR EXAMPLE
= IF(A1:A3="CRM3",SUM(C1:C3),"",IF(A1:A6="STATION3,SUM(D1:D6),"") i DONT KNMOW THAT ONE CAN WORK

@FANIMOF 

That new request bears almost no resemblance to what you first posted, so it shouldn't surprise you that I gave you a different answer. You're even adding a conditional to it (the IF), which wasn't there at all. 

A single formula generally yields a single result. If you want all three numbers to be shown--as you seem to be saying--each in its own cell (as opposed to the end result of the adding and subtracting), you'll need three formulas.