Stocks Data Type

Copper Contributor

I have the DOW 30, S&P 500, NASDAQ 100, and Emerging Markets Indices. My question is what is the symbol for the Russell 2000 and EuroStoxx 50 indices? I cannot find them for the data selector to import into excel. Thanks!

7 Replies
You've heard of Google, I presume? Russell 2000 -- RUT EuroStoxx 50--SX5E

@mathetes 

Data input doesn't recognize those symbols. I know the symbols to look it up on my own but I need the symbols that pulls real-time data into the cell for the stock data type function

The Russell 2000 has several different indices. They are Russell 2000 Growth Index (RUO Index), Russell 2000 Total Return (RU20INTR Index), and Russell 2000 Value Index (RUJ Index). Hope this helps.

@mathetes not helpful

@Scott Rogerson 

these are not recognized by excel.  are you able to use these in excel>data>data types>stocks?

They are Russell 2000 Growth Index (RUO Index), Russell 2000 Total Return (RU20INTR Index), and Russell 2000 Value Index (RUJ Index).

@SterlingD , have you been able to solve this problem? I used Power Query to connect to tables of historical data for two Russell 1000 indices that I need to reference. It was simple to implement and the same data refresh all command that updates stock prices updates the tables

@markpbarry 

I haven't found a free way to write the current price of the Russell 2000 into a cell in Excel.  However, it is possible to query/write some of the other indexes. 

Stock Data in Excel -- Other data available? like indexes, yields, - Microsoft Community