STOCKHISTORY and #BLOCKED error

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to use STOCKHISTORY function in excel, but I'm always getting #BLOCKED error.

I'm not really sure what is the cause of this error.

I'm only using the free online Excel version. Perhaps I need to upgrade to Premium to have this function?

Thanks

8 Replies

@Lau11 

Interesting. I repeated it, the same error

image.png

Have no idea what it means under "License required", this function works on my desktop installation (beta channel). Will try to investigate more.

@Sergei Baklan 

But STOCKHISTORY works on my MacBook Air, simple subscription to Microsoft 365......hmmm

@mathetes 

Yes, it works on desktop application, but appeared only recently for Excel Online and I'm not sure what the is the problem here.

@Lau11My understanding is that the function is only available to Microsoft 365 subscribers, and on beta channel. I signed up as MS Insider and have been using/testing it for a week now.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/excel-blog/announcing-stockhistory/ba-p/1404338

@doktorj , it's available in Excel Online, but doesn't work properly (so far).

@Sergei Baklan thanks for this information. I am a microsoft 365 subscriber but only have access to online 365. Up until a few days okay the stockhistory function did not appear on my excel online. It did today but then I get the blocked messsage when trying to retrieve stock data. Anyone from Microsoft that can support with this?

@paulkelly 

Using office 365 ProPlus excel, stockhistory when entered shows #BLOCKED! error, not sure why - my license is running on other computers, our license allows for each person to lost office on 5 devices.   This is a business account - works on 1 of my laptop(1) and not on my other laptop(2).

Note: laptop(1) - windows 10 

laptop(2) - windows 7 Professional 

Any help is appreciated - thanks.