Stock Quotes in MS 365 Excel for Mac

Copper Contributor

I get the following alert when attempting to use stock quotes in MS 365 Excel for Mac: "We need to fix your account. Select Microsoft Excel from the top menu > Sign Out, then sign back in with the account associated with a subscription." When I did this, the stock quotes icon under the data tab disappeared. 

I also used the MS Office License Removal Tool 2.7 to remove and reinstall the license. This was also unsuccessful. Currently, I don't have the stock quotes icon under the data tab.  

I'm running macOS Monterey, version 12.3 with an Apple M1 chip. The product I'm using is Microsoft Excel for Mac, Version 16.59 (22031300). License: Microsoft 365 Subscription.  

My reason for purchasing MS 365 was to use the stock quotes function in Excel to get prices for the stocks and ETFs in my investment portfolio. I'm now using Google Sheets. 

Case number from MS Support: 1037702822

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Ed

10 Replies
I have a similar problem. I'm registered and logged in using my 365 account, but I have no datatype options under the data tab. I'm also using MS365 for Mac.

@edkain I am having the exact same problem 

I am having the same problem. Any solution in sight?

@edkainSame issue

@edkain 

Same issue

I also get an error when attempting to use the Stock data type on a 2021 MacBook M1 Pro
I see many folks with the same question....come on Microsoft Support.....where is the solutions? I'm having the exact same issue. I have logged out and back in, rebooted, created a new excel spreadsheet, nothing seems to work....still get the message "We need to fix your account. Select Microsoft Excel from the top menu > Sign Out, then sign back in with the account associated with a subscription."

I’m having the exact same issue.  Was working fine then randomly started today giving the error message:  “We need to fix your account. Select Microsoft Excel from the top menu > Sign Out, then sign back in with the account associated with a subscription“     This seems to be a long standing issue given this thread. 

Same problem. Also on M1 Mac with MS365 family account. I reinstalled and restarted my mac. Activated. Created a new sheet. Same error comes up.