Statistic Summary Table

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

I was wondering how I create a Statistic Summary table. I have not been able to find an option that allows me to do that in Excel. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

3 Replies

@MelFletcher84 , you likely need to add the 'Data Analysis Toolpak' to your Excel. This is the Excel add-on that allows you to do a lot of statistical analysis. In the most recent version of Excel, you can click on the 'Developer' tab at the top[ beside the 'Help' menu. Then, choose Excel Add-ins and you should see where you can check the box beside the 'Excel Add-ins' menu item. If you do not see the 'Developer' tab at the top of your Excel beside 'Help', do the following when you are in Excel: 'File'---'Options'---'Customize Ribbon' and then click the box beside 'Developer' on the right hand side of your screen. Then, you can go back and add the Data Analysis Toolpak add-in.

I have the Data Analysis Toolpak add-in. I can not find that option to make a summary table in it anywhere. Where would it be located in the toolpak if you know?

@MelFletcher84 , you have to choose Descriptive Statistics from the menu list. Then, you will have an option in a pop-up window to select your data on a worksheet and then click the 'Summary Statistics' option.