split a column into 2 columns.

Copper Contributor

Her is the issue. preparing a spreadsheet using 12 columns (one for each month of the year).

I want to have 2 columns under each column (month of the year) with one column showing the number of widgets and the other column showing the revenues and costs associated with each widget.

these columns will extend all the way down through revenues and expenses and then of course

at the bottom, I can show the average revenue and the average cost.

I wouldn't think it would be difficult but I am having trouble splitting the column under the main column entitled month and year.

2 Replies
It would be an advantage if you insert a file with the problem (without sensitive data), so you could come to a solution much faster and we might provide you with better solution proposals.

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@micflam 

It can't be "2 columns under each column", each columns is always one column. However, you may organize headers and/or summary one for two or more columns. I do not recommend cells merging, instead you may select two cells (e.g. for the header A1 and B1), Ctrl+1, Alignment, Horizontal, Center across selection. You may add any text / formula here, it'll be formatted now as one for two columns.