#SPILL! Excel/SQL Report Challenge

Copper Contributor

I write BI reports in alchemex/ sage intelligence via SQL and often write the excel formula into the SQL syntax within the container.

The challenge is that with the named ranges, it requires that an @ is placed in front of the range part of the formula as per below which works perfectly.

Before = SUM(IF(Company_Name<>"",1/COUNTIFS(Agent,Agent,Opportunity_Number,Opportunity_Number),0))

After =SUM(IF(@Company_Name<>"",1/COUNTIFS(Agent,@Agent,Opportunity_Number,@Opportunity_Number),0))

The after works perfect....the issue is that anything with an "@" in front of it is recognized as a variable within the container. Is there a way to revert back to the old formula style where I dont need the "@" to be included in the formula? I have done hundreds of reports like this, so changing reports is not an option....i am hoping the update can be removed or there is a setting from the update which allows the report to revert back to its original formula settings?

1 Reply

Where I refer to variable, I am referring to a SQL variable where if you need to declare a variable you do so by specifying an "@" if front of it...……..that is where it is conflicting with the formula part of excel that now requires the @ to be included in front of the named range.