SOLVED

Specific computer prints a one page Excel template in two pages.

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am pretty confused about this one. I created a excel template and it sits on a share drive. It works great for most people, but for one user, the one page template comes up being a little more than one page. It is the same one page template (print area and margins are already set) We can clearly see the print area being at the right spot but for whatever reason in this computer it is not enough to fit on one page. 

If it is the same file for everyone, so it has to be something related to the settings on that computer but I can figure out what. We tried checking margins, printers, even screen resolution but nothing seems out of place. That computer is using the same version of excel (2016) as all the other ones. Let me know if you need the actual file but I don't think that is important since it works on other computers. Thank you.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by needhelpwithexcel (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Greetings, I can tell you simple trick to do this for your computer.

Just go to Page Layout Menu and under Scale to Fit Section, Set the Width to 1 Page and Height to 1 Page. Then It will be printed on one page.

But Still something goes miss in that Print Area. Then Go To Name Manager Under Formulas Menu and then Find the Name "Print Area" and There could be multiple Print Areas. So you need to see Scope showing for respective Print Area. Scope is basically a tab name of your workbook. So suppose if you want to Print "A" Tab and your print data range is A1:D50. So just update that range for that Print Area in Name Manager. So this will be the Print Area which is going to be printed on One page as you have set the Height to 1 Page in last Step

Hope it works for you

Regards

Kapil Juneja

@jukapil Thank you for the suggestion. I checked the name manager and the print areas seems to be set up correctly. The template by default had not scaling on it but I changed the template and that seem to fix the problem. My desire is not to have the user have to change that setting all the time so I will change all the templates we have. Still not really sure why there was an error but at least this will fix it. Thank you for your help.

Jorge

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by needhelpwithexcel (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Greetings, I can tell you simple trick to do this for your computer.

Just go to Page Layout Menu and under Scale to Fit Section, Set the Width to 1 Page and Height to 1 Page. Then It will be printed on one page.

But Still something goes miss in that Print Area. Then Go To Name Manager Under Formulas Menu and then Find the Name "Print Area" and There could be multiple Print Areas. So you need to see Scope showing for respective Print Area. Scope is basically a tab name of your workbook. So suppose if you want to Print "A" Tab and your print data range is A1:D50. So just update that range for that Print Area in Name Manager. So this will be the Print Area which is going to be printed on One page as you have set the Height to 1 Page in last Step

Hope it works for you

Regards

Kapil Juneja

View solution in original post