SOLVED

Special characters added to a cell based on a condtion

Copper Contributor

I have a list of clients that are considered active until they pass away, at which time we categorize them as deceased. Upon this happening, I would like a special character to be added onto their name as a visual signal to let me know they are 'deceased.'

I would like to go from here:

Capture001.PNG

To:

Capture002.PNG

I could do this with a CONCAT feature, but it would be easier for everyone else touching the spreadsheet if all they had to do is select the client's status, to apply the special character, as needed.

Is there a conditional formatting feature/formula that would allow me to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Kristine

4 Replies

@Kristine2021 Can't really find the cross symbol that works on my system,  but if you can or if you can accept the regular plus sign, you could conditionally format the cell with a custom format like @"+" if the cell to the left equals "Deceased".

Oh! I see what you're saying! I never thought of that... I will give that a try. I've never done any conditional formatting to a cell that's outside the options provided, like something beyond font weight and colour and/or cell fill, sort of thing. I will dig into that more, thanks!
best response confirmed by Kristine2021 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Kristine2021 Attaching an example. Perhaps it helps.

Screenshot 2021-04-01 at 19.28.30.png

Awesome, Riny_van_Eekelen! Many thanks... that worked perfectly and exactly how I wanted it to!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kristine2021 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Kristine2021 Attaching an example. Perhaps it helps.

Screenshot 2021-04-01 at 19.28.30.png

View solution in original post