SOLVED

Sparkline - Not using the rounding numbers

Copper Contributor

The sparkline in my cell is trending downward although the value is the same.  The cell (U5, from Cookie Sales tab) is pointing to a second data sheet (DATA for U5).  The values are all 98.0% (B1:D1, DATA for U5).  However, the trend line is trending downward.  I took the same values (B1:D1, DATA for U5) and I expanded the decimal value and noticed that when it is expanded and no longer rounded to the 1st decimal, it would be accurate for it to trend downward.  However, I need for the trend to consider the value at using the 1 decimal place.

If someone can assist, I would greatly appreciate it!  Attached sample file

I have Windows 10

Microsoft 365 Apps For Enterprise Version2102

1 Reply
best response confirmed by lromero57 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@lromero57 Change the formulae that calculate the percentages to:

=ROUND(A9/C9,3)

and similar for the other two. You formatted numbers as a percentage with one decimal, but Excel still calculates with the unrounded numbers. The above formula fixes the outcome to 3 decimals. When formatted as a percentage, you get the 98.0% for all three and the sparkling will be horizontal.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by lromero57 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@lromero57 Change the formulae that calculate the percentages to:

=ROUND(A9/C9,3)

and similar for the other two. You formatted numbers as a percentage with one decimal, but Excel still calculates with the unrounded numbers. The above formula fixes the outcome to 3 decimals. When formatted as a percentage, you get the 98.0% for all three and the sparkling will be horizontal.

View solution in original post