Spacing between a header and text

Copper Contributor

I need help to provide additional space between my header and the text of the worksheet.  I am using gridlines in my worksheet and the bottom part of the header is within the gridlines and I want to move the worksheet down so that the header is not within the gridlines. Anyone's help is greatly appreciated. 

14 Replies
As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Your description isn't totally clear, so I'm wondering if you'd be able to post a copy of the spreadsheet itself (unless it contains all sorts of confidential info) or, at the very least, a picture so we can see what you mean for sure.

@mathetes 

Robert_Q_0-1615925793681.jpeg

@Robert_Q 

With the permission of everyone, here is additional information about setting the spacing in a page. 

Change line spacing

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Nikolino

@Robert_Q 

That's not for what structured table is designed. But you you may under the table add the cell with spaces or any text, under it your totals

image.png

If you expand the table rows under it will go down as well

image.png

Sorry, but this doesn’t seem to answer my question. You see in the picture of the spreadsheet the year 2021 is inside the gridline. I want to be able to have white space between the header and spreadsheet. How do I do that?

@Robert_Q 

Sorry, my fault. Why don't you increase the size of the top margin for the pages?

image.png

Obviously, I’m not very tech savvy. So, could you please explain how I go about doing what you suggest? Thanks.

@Robert_Q 

Select Custom margins as here

image.png

and within it make Top as big as necessary. You may adjust other margins as well.

image.png

@Sergei Baklan 

Thanks very much for the education.  It worked!

@Robert_Q , you are welcome, glad it helped

@Sergei Baklan 

Perfect! Thanks for this tip. I should have known this, but it's been a while since I fiddled with header spacing.

Sometimes that's what is looking in front of our noses.
Anyway, I am pleased that you have come to a solution, thanks to Mr. Baklan.

Oh man, I feel like today = DATEDIF (DATE (1941; 19; 03); TODAY (); "y") years old

@NikolinoDE 

As one who was born in 1941, just a few months later than 3/19, I'm wondering what you're saying here. I feel great myself as I approach 80 years of age.

Yes, you are right, actually wanted to write in in 1921, the writing devil fell in love :).
We have the saying "sometimes I feel over 100 years old", just wanted to translate it into Excel.
By the way, congratulations, you're a proud age. I wish you a long life and I hope that I can achieve it too. I wish you a lot of joy, love and health :)).