Spacebar toggle in PivotTable Fields pane

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

Suddenly yesterday (after an Excel update) I am unable to use the spacebar to check/uncheck check boxes in the PivotTable Fields pane. 

Do I have to change a setting somewhere in Excel to activate this feature again or is there a new key to press that will check/uncheck the check boxes?

Thank you, 

LHubb4

7 Replies

@LHubb4 

Afraid such setting doesn't exist, if only some key in registry. Have no idea why that was removed.

@LHubb4 Have you found a solution? I've been dealing with the same issue since last week.

Thank you.

Same issue here, I haven't found a solution, has anyone?

@Darren780 & All

Anyone found any solutions for this, its a unwanted issue and time taking without using spacebar in the pane area.

Can some microsoft guy look into it

@Vinod_Dubey 

Afraid that's by design now (ok, new design). It will be more productive if you send a frown from Help->Send feedback or vote for Excel - PivotTable Field List - enable (re-enable?) use of spacebar for field selection · Community ...

I want this feature back too! I have liked and commented on the previously mentioned feature request posted by Sergei. Thank you for that!

@LHubb4As of the last update, this function has returned to normal. Thank you, Microsoft.