Sorting

Copper Contributor

My Excel 2016 don't want to sort the simplest data. I am using Excel more then 15 years and never see something like that

12 Replies

@Darko1950 

Does the problem persist if you quit and restart Excel? If you restart your computer?

Does it occur in a specific worksheet/workbook, or in all worksheets/workbooks?

@Hans Vogelaar 

Problem persists in all situations, like Sort function don't exist.

@Darko1950 

Quit Excel. Then hold down the left Ctrl key while you start Excel.

You'll be asked if you want to start Excel in Safe Mode. Answer Yes.

Try to sort a range.

If it works, the problem might be with an add-in.

If it doesn't work, try repairing your Office installation: Repair an Office application 

Hi Hans
When I start Excel in safe mode sort work fine.

@Darko1950 

That means it might be an add-in.

Start Excel the normal way.

You can manage add-ins in File > Options > Add-ins:

S1983.png

Disable the active add-ins one by one (please note that there are different types), each time testing whether you can sort again. When you can, the last add-in that you disabled was the culprit. Leave that one disabled, and enable the other ones (if you need them).

@Hans Vogelaar 

It is interesting that I have no add-in activated. Maybe to try with repair Excel?

@Darko1950 

That would be my next suggestion.

@Hans Vogelaar 

Hi Hans,

Listen this: I changed Office from 2016 to 2019 and still have same problem. Something is wrong with my Windows 10 or what?

@Darko1950 

That is very strange. Did you install Office 2019 over Office 2016 as an upgrade, or did you uninstall Office 2016 before installing Office 2019?

First I uninstalled 2016

@Darko1950 

I'm out of ideas, sorry.

Thank you very much for your help. In safe mode Excel work fine, only I can't save. Hahaha