Sort function

Copper Contributor

I have used the sort function in excel before.  When I try and use it now though, the '=sort' is not recognised as a function by excel.  I'm using Microsoft 365, my subscription is active, I'm logged into my account and my apps are up to date.  Anyone suggest what else I need to look at?

3 Replies

@chucklebud 

Sort a list of data in Excel for Mac

If the columns that you want to sort contain both numbers that are stored as numbers and numbers that are stored as text, the numbers will not sort correctly. Numbers that are stored as text are displayed aligned left instead of right. To format selected numbers consistently, on the Home tab, in the Number Format box, select Text or Number.

Hope I was able to help you with this info.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Hi Niko,

Thanks for your reply. It wasn’t that the sort wasn’t executing correctly, it was that the sort function was not being recognised at all - I know it’s only supported in certain versions but it should be in mine.

I don’t know why, but I signed everything out of my Microsoft account and quit all Microsoft applications, reconfirmed they were all up to date and then started again.

Now the sort function is recognised and works as expected. So I’m no nearer understanding what was going on, but at least it’s Working now.

Thanks

Chucklebud
Murphy's Law: If it works, let it work :).

Thank you for your feedback.