SOLVED

Sort Function

Deleted
Not applicable
Hi, I am just wondering when is the new sort function going to be available to all users and not just Microsoft insiders. Cheers
4 Replies
best response
Solution
They have released it to the mainstream Excel users, but this does not mean you'll have it immediately. It depends on which precise update scheme you are on. Even then, they do not update everyone in the same update group at the same time to save bandwidth. It'll take a couple of months I expect.
Hi Jan Karel, So there is no precise way of knowing when it will be available to which user. I have been waiting since April for a release to all public. It's a shame that such a useful function is not available to all already since it has been available to insiders for more than a year. Cheers

@Deleted If you open Excel and click File, Account What does it show here (this is on my system):

2019-08-01_17-56-29.jpg

Especially the "Monthly Channel" bit is important, that is "main stream" Excel, not delayed and "just behind" the Insiders. Mine hasn't updated yet.

I am behind. Now it feels I might not get this in the near future.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution
They have released it to the mainstream Excel users, but this does not mean you'll have it immediately. It depends on which precise update scheme you are on. Even then, they do not update everyone in the same update group at the same time to save bandwidth. It'll take a couple of months I expect.

View solution in original post