SOLVED

Sort A-Z

Copper Contributor

I have combined 3 lists of "Last Name/First Name" into one "Sheet." Names for rows "2-116" are alphabetized (A-Z), followed by separately alphabetized (A-Z) Names in rows "117-288." I want to combine these Names into ONE alphabetized list. I have tried several times to combine these groups into one alphabetized list (including "Cut and Pasting" the bottom group of alphabetized names above the top group), but haven't been successful. Please provide a solution. Thank you.

4 Replies
Too bad there isn't a "Chat" option to get help from a Microsoft Support technician.

@DAitkenOrchards_Golf 

If you’re looking to ask a question or start a conversation about Excel, you’re in the right place!  Ask away.

Please include the following info to help others answer your question:

Once you got a good answer to your question, please accept it as solution to help others looking for answer to the same/similar question.

Thanks!

best response confirmed by DAitkenOrchards_Golf (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Normaly this should work without any problems.
Click one of the cells in column, then DATA->SORTING->A-Z

If this did not work, Check your data, maybe there is an Space as first character in some of the cells?!
Thank you for your suggestion. I'm unsure how it happened, but all First Names were preceded by a "space." When I deleted each "space" individually , and marked each "Last" and "First" Names, then "Sort(ed) A-Z," it alphabetized as I needed. That was the solution. Thank you, Christian!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DAitkenOrchards_Golf (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Normaly this should work without any problems.
Click one of the cells in column, then DATA->SORTING->A-Z

If this did not work, Check your data, maybe there is an Space as first character in some of the cells?!

View solution in original post