SOLVED

Something wrong with print area settings

Copper Contributor

I have a Microsoft Excel workbook with two sheets containing medical info.  One sheet is “Sandra” and one is “Ron”.  There are two columns:  “date” & “info”

Sandra can bring up her sheet, set print area and print.

Ron can bring up his sheet and set print area consisting of two columns and several lines, but when he selects “print”, he gets the print preview and it shows two pages.  First page = first column, 2nd page = second column.  Resetting the print area doesn’t work.  

This file is used on a Windows 11 computer.  It is was started about 20-years ago

10 Replies

@rbdaves 

Activate the Ron sheet.

Activate the Page Layout tab of the ribbon.

Select Breaks > Reset All Breaks.

S1694.png

Does that help?

Nothing changed. still get only first column on print preiview

@rbdaves 

Could you attach a sample workbook (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar? Alternatively, you can attach it to a private message to me. Thanks in advance.

I sent you a PM.
The first column has a dotted horizontal line instead of a solid line next to it. It is as though the first line has a page break inserted. I have cleared l;age breaks several time. AArgh

@rbdaves 

Could you attach a copy of the workbook to a PM, instead of a screenshot?

Overran my allowable PMs, apparently. Could you please provide an email address?

@rbdaves 

hans dot vogelaar at gmail dot com

best response confirmed by rbdaves (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@rbdaves 

I have received your workbook - thanks. The problem is that the column width of column B is too large to fit on one page with column A.

One solution is to reduce the width of column B to 91 or a bit less.

Another is to specify in the Scale to Fit group of the Page Layout tab of the ribbon that the width should be scaled to 1 Page:

S1701.png

Good job. Thanks.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by rbdaves (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@rbdaves 

I have received your workbook - thanks. The problem is that the column width of column B is too large to fit on one page with column A.

One solution is to reduce the width of column B to 91 or a bit less.

Another is to specify in the Scale to Fit group of the Page Layout tab of the ribbon that the width should be scaled to 1 Page:

S1701.png

View solution in original post