Solver AddIn doesn't change values

Copper Contributor

Since last Thursday Solver Addin in Excel isn't working anymore. I says, it has found a solution, but input value is unchanged. Even for simple problems like "find x that x+5=10". Even if one defines a constraint like x>=3, x is still 0 (=input).

Problem occurs for every user un our team and started last week. Maybe an update issue?Solver1.JPGSolver2.jpg

12 Replies
Have you got an anonymized workbook you are able to share that demonstrates the issue?

@Jan Karel Pieterse Yes I have a sample workbook. Is there a way to attach the file here? I don't have the option to upload it somewhere to share a link.

@CJKDB1501 

If you don't see an option to attach the file to a reply, you can send @Jan Karel Pieterse (or me) a Private Message and attach the file there.

After clicking the reply link, click the "Open full text editor" link. There's an option there to upload files.

@Jan Karel Pieterse Sry, but I don't see any. I only have the option to add pictures

@CJKDB1501 

Here is the workbook you sent me by PM.

When I run Solver, I get this result (I'm using Excel 2021, fully updated):

S1642.png

What do others get?

I confirm the result of @Hans Vogelaar

@CJKDB1501 Are you saying you don't see this:

Advanced text editor screen.png

@Jan Karel Pieterse No, I don't see this part, highlighted in your screenshot when I reply to forum messages.

As described, Solver says it has found a solution, but the blue input cell stays 0

My version is "Microsoft® Excel® für Microsoft 365 MSO (16.0.14326.21008) 32-Bit"

@CJKDB1501 OK, perhaps not all users get that feature here. I didn't know that, apologies.

Issue seems to be gone in Excel version "Microsoft® Excel® für Microsoft 365 MSO (16.0.14326.21076) 32-Bit "