[SOLVED] Time series data of two data sets ("buy" and "s") with independent X series values

Copper Contributor

Scatter charts work correctly, but bar charts do NOT. 

Let me explain. I have 1 set of data with its own X series values. We'll call it DATA 1 with X Series 1. 

I have a second set of data with its own X series values. We'll call it DATA 2 with X Series 2. 

Here:

just_no__0-1624997839066.png

I can make this work with a scatter plot:

just_no__2-1624997917309.png

But I actually want bars instead of dots. When I try to make them clustered columns, the data becomes WRONG:

just_no__3-1624998062614.png

On the other hand, I can make one of the data series a cluster column, and the data remains correct. But this is non-ideal. I want both to be column charts. 

just_no__4-1624998182351.png

Is there a better way to do this? I need both to be bars, they need to share the same date-based primary axis, and the data need to be correctly depicted on the chart exactly, with no weird erroneous time shifting or missing data. But when I make them cluster column, the data being presented on the chart isn't correct, and doesn't function correctly based on my needs. 

1 Reply

@just_no_ , see attached workaround solution. The attached file describes the steps.

(May mark it as solution if it helps.)