SOLVED

Slow excel with no reason

Copper Contributor

Recently we are facing in some machines excel slow down with small worksheets with no formulas or macros whatsoever.

I would like to ask help to figure it out whats going on.

Attached is one of these files that are slowing down both mac and windows excel.

Thanks in advance.

BR

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Renato F.B. (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Renato,

you have about 26,000 objects in your workbook.

How to get rid of them:

Press F5.

Click on "Special...".

Select "Objects".

Click on "OK".

Wait.

Press DEL.

Wait again.

Be happy.

Thank you @Detlef

I don't know where this comes from but it worked :)

Hi everyone. I have a macbook pro 2015 late. This macbook is supposed to be very fast on any office 365 programs :( That's why i bought it. I'm working on excel, making tables. The problem is the table that I made is very slow while filling the cells. i always get rainbow and sometimes wait 1 minute to continue( Just open the excel my excel table and click POLİKLİNİK TABLOSU and go last line. After that try to fill cell by sell like others. By the way sorry this table is Turkish ) . After that i try to save it. But guess, what rainbow again :( I don't know what to do . I feel stuck in it. I tried to reinstall office. Nothing changed. I also tried this table with brand new macbook pro 2017 :( It is still slow . Please help me. If i can't solve this problem, I will have to sell my mac and return the windows :( I tried everything i know. Please help me. İf necessary i can send this table via mail :) Because it's size is more than 75 mb

@Detlef Lewin 

had the same issue and tried the F5- Special-objects but I didnt have any to delete.
But I did have the same issue previous where when I copied the spreadseet I copied all lines including blank lines. This time I selected only the cells with data 1800 lines and pasted them into a new TAB. Deleted the old TAB and now its fine

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Renato F.B. (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Renato,

you have about 26,000 objects in your workbook.

How to get rid of them:

Press F5.

Click on "Special...".

Select "Objects".

Click on "OK".

Wait.

Press DEL.

Wait again.

Be happy.

View solution in original post