Slicers: remove items with no data

Copper Contributor

I connected several slicers. The items are shaded if they are without any data so i select "hide items with no data". This option works only temporarly because when I select an item in the first slicer, the option "hide items with no data" is unset and again it shows data withowt items. 

I tried everything... I don't know if I'm missing something or removing items with no data is just not possible with multiconected slicers.

I would really appreciate any suggestion!

Thanks in advance

4 Replies

@alexandra_giu 

These slicers are on Table or on PivotTable? Are there any relationships between fields in slicers or they are independent?

@Sergei Baklan 

Thank you for the reply!

The slicers are on Pivot Table.

The purpose is to show the results of a survey that took place in three different cities:

First: from a single database, I’ve created about 20 PivotTables with the responses of each question

Second: Made a slicer called “Geographical area” that include the 3 cities and connects all 20 PivotTables. (no complains on this slicer :D)

Third: For some of the PivotTables, I’ve made specific slicers (not connected to any other). The items with no data are shaded so I select “hide options with no data” and works perfectly. The problem is when I select another city from the “Geographical area”, the other Pivot Tables show again the items with no data…  

@Sergei Baklan 

One more thing :)

I made a dynamic graph with the top 5 responses but the slicer shows all responses of that question. Is there a possibility to have only those 5 options in the slicer?? The same ones as in the graph?

Thanks a lot!!

@alexandra_giu 

Sorry, missed you previous message.

If slicers are for PivotTable that's important do you work with data model or not, what are relationships between tables and which ones you use for slicers. 

Top5 if that's not separate table and just filter on PivotTable - nope, afraid slicer will show everything.