SOLVED

Sign Board

Copper Contributor

I am trying to simplify my life a bit and looking for some help.  This is for setting out statements that need to be posted on our community signboard.  

I would like to be able to enter in a statement - "zoom meeting 1/20 6pm see NextDoor for info" and have formulas set to break that out into 4 lines of no more than 13 characters each line.  

Then to have this displayed in a grid showing the layout of each letter to assist in placement on the board.  This would take each line and break it up into 1 letter per cell.

I would then have a letter-number grid for counting the number of letters and numbers that need to be pulled for placement on the board.  

See attached for examples

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance with this.  

2 Replies

@3inproverbs 

In the attached workbook (.xlsm, make sure you allow macros when you open it), I added a Worksheet_Change event procedure that will populate C4:C7 and F4:R7 when you change the text in C1.

The result is slightly different from your example.

best response confirmed by 3inproverbs (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Hans Vogelaar  This is EXACTLY what I have been wanting.  Thank you so much for your assistance!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by 3inproverbs (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Hans Vogelaar  This is EXACTLY what I have been wanting.  Thank you so much for your assistance!

View solution in original post