show text based on a true and false text conditions

Copper Contributor

Untitled.png

Hello, I'm trying to format a cell to show certain text when the two cells on the left have specific text, and anything different than a specific text respectively.

5 Replies
=IF(AND(C4=TRUE,D4<>"COLLECT"),"Good","") is a formula that works. Leaves the cell in column E blank if conditions aren't met, otherwise, when the conditions are met shows as "Good"

(If it's not obvious, this was copied from row four; the formula needs to be copied to all of the rows in that column, and it adjust the references accordingly)

@Ccrossed 

In row 3:

=IF(AND(C3,D3<>"COLLECT"),"Good","Bad")

or

=IF(AND(C3,D3<>"COLLECT"),"Good","")

or similar. Fill down.

PS Your image says the opposite of your posting. The posting says to show "Good" if column C is "True", but your image--which I didn't look at until after I posted my first reply--says that column C should show FALSE and something other than "Collect"
Either way, the formula works. You just need to decide what condition you actually mean to apply to column C.
True, I got them mixed, I have updated it. also I was getting the error #N/A after I tried using C4="FALSE", does the quotations not work on TRUE, FALSE words?

@Ccrossed 

TRUE and FALSE are boolean values, not text strings.