SOLVED

Shifting of excel rows

Copper Contributor

So I want to shift all the rows /columns to the left .If you see that if i filter education columns now it will show that marital status has blanks. so, every content those cells are shifted to the right(ex. Income has been placed in no. of kids home) . it also applies for the rest of the columns every column is shifted to the right and that's the issue here how to do fix the error by moving all the contents of those columns to the left to fill those blanks.

without filterwithout filterwith filter in education columnwith filter in education column

14 Replies
Un-filter the sheet first. Then select the whole sheet from the left top corner of excel(besides "A") and apply the filter. Check once then.

@jitinm sorry that didn't work . what happened here is that some of the rows contents are shifted to the right eg. the marital status contents  are shifter to the next column in kids_home. I just cannot think of a way to do it as i am not a regular user of excel.

If its possible for you to share a sample sheet that would help much

@jitinm excel_file.xls 

Here is  the link for the excel file.

thank you for your help.

@theInsiderall worked ok to me, see attached

@jitinm read the text in the photosread the text in the photosPicture2.png

@theInsiderThere is no problem in the filter. The data itself is misplace. See below.

jitinm_0-1644589760576.png

yeah true there is no problem with the filter the data is misplaced so how do we fix that , lke how do i put the misplaced data to its correct columns .
Yes of course. For 2nd Cycle, you need to delete the D Coulmn data. Remember only for 2nd Cycle.
yeah we need to remove cycle from column D while applying the filter for 2nd cycle .
But is there more efficient way other than just copying and paste of all other columns to its respective places . like some type of function or something because it will be laborious task to just copying and pasting those values to its respective columns.

@theInsider You select the cells say D4(1st data) till D200(where data for it ends). Then right click from mouse and select Delete and select Shift cells left

jitinm_0-1644592822051.png

@jitinm  with filter on  if we try to delete it shows to delete the entire row .without the filter on we can delete that column and shift it . but here for other education types the placement of these columns are perfect.

if i try deleting with filter on then it is jScreenshot 2022-02-11 205839.pngScreenshot 2022-02-11 205909.pngust deleting the entire rows

best response confirmed by theInsider (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Remove the filer
Go to 2nd cycle
Select the data next to it in D column
With right click select delete
Select “shift cells left”

Thanks for your help and patience ,all my doubts are clear now :D
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by theInsider (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Remove the filer
Go to 2nd cycle
Select the data next to it in D column
With right click select delete
Select “shift cells left”

View solution in original post