Sharing a password protected workbook on sharepoint

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a password protected workbook that is currently on our company SharePoint site. Is there anyway to allow more than one user to access and edit this at the same time. At the moment once the first user opens the workbook the rest will only have read only access.

2 Replies

@jlowhang 

Collaborate on Excel workbooks

You and your colleagues can open and work on the same Excel workbook. This is called co-authoring. When you co-author, you can see each other's changes quickly—in a matter of seconds. And with certain versions of Excel, you'll see other people's selections in different colors. If you're using a version of Excel that supports co-authoring, you can select Share in the upper-right corner, type email addresses, and then choose a cloud location. But if you need more details, like which versions are supported and where the file can be stored, this article will walk you through the process.

About the shared workbook feature

Important: "Shared Workbooks" is an older feature that allows you to collaborate on a workbook with multiple people. This feature has many limitations, and has been replaced by co-authoring. Excel co-authoring is available in Microsoft 365 Apps Excel desktop client and Excel for the Web for Microsoft 365 subscribers.

Hope I could help you with this information.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Thankyou, I'm looking into co-authoring as having tried sharing the workbook it brings up a number of things I can't change in the work book to do with the macros etc. But I'll test this tomorrow when my colleague is back and see how it works.