Shared excel file can't be unprotected by sharing user

Copper Contributor

i created an excel spreadsheet.  One of the sheets is protected.  I share the spreadsheet via Share.  the person i shared the spreadsheet cannot un-protect the sheet, only I can. how can i let the other user unprotect the sheet?

1 Reply

@overinvested 

The simplest solution is to send the password to the person you want by email :)).

Since you do not know your exact plan, I am sending you this link with the options that you have at your disposal on the part of excel.

Collaborate on Excel workbooks at the same time with co-authoring

You and your colleagues can open and work on the same Excel workbook. This is called co-authoring. When you co-author, you can see each other's changes quickly—in a matter of seconds. And with certain versions of Excel, you'll see other people's selections in different colors. If you're using a version of Excel that supports co-authoring, you can select Share in the upper-right corner, type email addresses, and then choose a cloud location. But if you need more details, like which versions are supported and where the file can be stored, this article will walk you through the process.

Share your Excel workbook with others

Share a workbook with others, right within Excel. You can let them edit the workbook or just view it.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote any reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.