Setting preferences for Office 365 ProPlus using the Office Customization Tool for Click-to-Run

Copper Contributor

I'm a newbie and non-technical and wondered if anyone could help ?

I'm experiencing an issue with Excel 1904 (released 29 Apr, I think) as described below.  I wondered if anyone else has similar and if any there are any suggested fixes or a workaround ? I'm hoping it's a bug that will get addressed rather than intentional removal of this functionality.

I have built a series of reports off a template with some Active X buttons and associated code to 'one-click' sorting tables etc. The reports are deployed and used globally within a business. They've been working without issue since last year. But today the buttons stopped working. I checked and my PC has upgraded to 1904. When I ran the same test, using the same .xls file on another couple of PC's running 1903, they continue to function normally.  The observed issue in 1904 is:

• The Security Warning: Enable Content banner is not presented (I have checked/tested the obvious Trust Centre settings in various states and this is a consistent occurrence)
  • The Active X - Option Buttons no longer function: (i) it is not possible to select any of the radio buttons; and (ii) when you click the mouse over  a button a copy of the button appears below and to the right, but the nothing else happens i.e. the intended function behind the button does not operate. 

I have raised this with Microsoft support but initially they said they don't support Active X implementations and then, when I sent videos of the above observations with 1903 and 1904, they said I should post in the development community.  I appreciate more technical details may be needed but wasn't sure - so please just let me know if anything else is required and I'll post it.  Thanks in advance. 

1 Reply

@SteveUK99 

Not sure on the Office Customisation Tool sorry,

We you go into 1904 version have you checked this setting?

image.png