SOLVED

Setting one cell's value based on anoth

Copper Contributor

hello, I have attatced a test excel file

What want is to run a possible IF function that will genrate colums L+M off column E,

so while i have multiple product codes (+50) , i want the brand and category to generate automatically when i input that code into column E.

Thanks, Kind REgards 

1 Reply
best response confirmed by cmckernan93 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@cmckernan93 Create a reference table (a.k.a. lookup table) where you enter the code, the brand and the category, each in its own column, for all products. Then, in columns L and M, use VLOOKUP (or XLOOKUP is your Excel version supports it) to lookup the code from E in the first column of the reference table and have it return the value from either the 2nd or 3rd column if an exact match if found.

See attached!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by cmckernan93 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@cmckernan93 Create a reference table (a.k.a. lookup table) where you enter the code, the brand and the category, each in its own column, for all products. Then, in columns L and M, use VLOOKUP (or XLOOKUP is your Excel version supports it) to lookup the code from E in the first column of the reference table and have it return the value from either the 2nd or 3rd column if an exact match if found.

See attached!

View solution in original post