Setting a Cells Background Value

Copper Contributor

I'm hoping someone can help as I'm going insane trying to work it out. Ill try and explain the best I can.

I want the Cells under Lots (the clear cells) to equal the value under column B & D. eg Line 3 will equal 19.3 & 1.7 across the entire lot section. I then want to be able to color a cell or enter a number between 1-350 (preferably enter a number but color if easier) and it equal the value from column B & D not the number in the cell. I want the averages at the bottom to match the ones that are either colored or numbered without needing the value to average. I want it to pull this info from B & D.

I've currently been entering the value it will average into the cell, I then make the clear area font color white and print the sheet so I can number them manually. 

The information from Column B & D will change from time to time so I will need the cells to update the value automatically when I update Column B & D. 

1 Reply

@EmmaLisa 

Perhaps you may illustrate in your file what is desired result since it's not clear what is required, at least for me. For example

"I then want to be able to color a cell or enter a number between 1-350 (preferably enter a number but color if easier)" - which cell, what is the logic to use this or that color / number?

"and it equal the value from column B & D not the number in the cell." - 'value' assumes one cell, not columns. What exactly shall be taken from B & D ?  Do not number in which cell?