Set a cell equal to the formula in another cell and not its value

Copper Contributor

Hi, I have the following issue:

I have a file with numerous sheets with the same data columns (different data).
The final column is a formula column using the actual sheet's data for the calculation. Currently I will write the formula in the first sheet and then manually copy the formulas into the other sheets (very time consuming). Is it possible to set the columns in the remaining sheets equal to the formula in the first sheet so that if I change the formula it changes in all the sheets and I will not need to copy it every time manually? 

Thank you in advance. 

4 Replies

Hi @Herman86 

to apply formula in all sheet, select the sheet which you wish to Apply the formula and write your formula.. 

You should try Excel Tables that will automatically expand the range of your data.

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer.

Hi @Faraz Shaikh

I first thought you misread my question, but this does solve my problem.

Thank you!

Regards

Herman

@Herman86 Glad to hear your query is resolved don't forget mark as Official Answer to close the post 

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer.

@Herman86 Hi,

I got the same issue, I expect the entire column can apply formula from a cell as formula, not its value. So when I change the formula, the entire column will change as well.

Since you got help and figure it out how to acheive it, can you give me guidance how to do that?