SOLVED

Service request number : 102241835 - Power View complement not included in my MS Office Package

Copper Contributor

Hello from Madrid.

As your colleague Bea C. from customer support has already checked, my MS Office version does NOT include the Power View complement for Excel. We've even reinstalled the Office Package without success.

Please help with this.

Regards, Francisco.

11 Replies

@Frank1973 

Knowing the Excel version and the operating system is an advantage.

If I may recommend with your permission, please provide us with a minimum amount of information so we can help you.

Data like, which version is your Excel, Office Packet?

What operating system do you have? ... as detailed as with the office package, please.

So as not to be misunderstood.

I am not an employee of Microsoft and in no way indirect.

I am a simple user, you know, who simply offered his knowledge and time voluntarily, with no guarantee.

Help to be helped.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Microsoft 365 MSO (16.0.13929.20222) 64 bits, this is my Excel version in Windows 10.

Regards.

@Frank1973 

Where is Power Pivot?

Note: This article was last updated on 1/8/2019. Power Pivot availability will depend on your current version of Office. If you're a Microsoft 365 subscriber, make sure you have the latest updates installed.

Start the Power Pivot add-in for Excel

Power Pivot is an add-in that you can use to perform powerful data analysis in Excel. The add-in is built into certain versions of Office, but by default, it's not enabled.  

For a list of the versions of Office that include Power Pivot, as well as a list of the versions that do not, please see: Where is Power Pivot?

Here’s how you enable Power Pivot before using it for the first time.

1. Go to File > Options > Add-Ins.

2. In the Manage box, click COM Add-ins> Go.

3. Check the Microsoft Office Power Pivot box, and then click OK. If you have other versions of the Power Pivot add-in installed, those versions are also listed in the COM Add-ins list. Be sure to select the Power Pivot add-in for Excel.

Hope to have helped you

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE Power Pivot and Power View are different tools. Question was about Power View.

Hi Nikolino, I've done that already for activating Powerpivot. The problem is that Powerview doesn't show up for activation.

@Frank1973 

Thanks to Mr. Baklan's intervention, it clicked for me too :))

Power View: Explore, visualize, and present your data

Power View and Power Pivot are available in the Office Professional Plus and Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise editions.

For more information about Power View, click on the heading.

@Frank1973 

For 365 Power View is available here

image.png

Office applications service description - Service Descriptions | Microsoft Docs

Please check against your subscription. Power Pivot and Power View have different sets of subscriptions for which they are available.

Hi again, and thanks. I then have to understand that my 365 Office version does not include the Powerview complement, right?
OK, so I understand I have to buy this Powerview complement as an extra, right? Regards.
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Frank1973 

As I understood Mr. Baklan, you cannot buy Pivot View for your Office version individually.

You have to upgrade the whole office package.

But who am I who already knows something like that? :))

I recommend that you ask your official Microsoft dealer about the possibilities with your package.

Or click here Upgrade to a different plan   -   or here Get support

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Nikolino

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Frank1973 

As I understood Mr. Baklan, you cannot buy Pivot View for your Office version individually.

You have to upgrade the whole office package.

But who am I who already knows something like that? :))

I recommend that you ask your official Microsoft dealer about the possibilities with your package.

Or click here Upgrade to a different plan   -   or here Get support

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Nikolino

View solution in original post