selecting rows from search

Copper Contributor

hey guys, I am trying to code a search of a cell value. I want to print in another sheet all the row results. i have used vlookup to find the result and countif for the number of rows but I can't get the rows in the new sheet. 

Can anyone assist me plz? 

thank you

9 Replies

@shawndotting You do not need to post your data if it is sensitive, but you may need to post the structure and we can provide you a better solution.

@shawndotting 

With your permission, if I can recommend you, add a MS Excel file (without sensitive data) to your project.

There is no reason for the helper to want to reconstruct everything himself, what you basically already have.

* Knowing the Excel version and operating system would also be an advantage.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Here’s the file the issue is on customer access and customer results.
I already started but can’t populate the rows.
Appreciate the replies
Thank you. Please see in my reply to Willy Lau. Appreciate you replying to my message

I am using office 365. Excel 2016 I think. I have the xlookup option.

@shawndotting Since you indicate to have XLOOKUP, you should also have FILTER. With this new function it is very easy to accomplish what you describe. With a slight redesign of the Customer Results sheet it could work as in the attached file. No need for VBA.

Nice.
Thank you.
I am going to try that. I was typing a code for each cell. Lol. Let me try that.
Ty

@Riny_van_Eekelen  holy snap your a God Sent....

than you thank you thank you

super easy in comparison to the codes I wrote,,,, index,,,min...if...row...column...

thank you 

@shawndotting Glad it worked out for you!!