SOLVED

Seeking help to create a bar chart where the bar changes colour when low, med or high

Copper Contributor

Hey all, I'm using Excel on Mac and am seeking to replicate a file I've been given.  It has bar charts that are red when in the low category, green when med and blue when high.  The bar just changes colour.  How could I make this happen please?  Thanks so much for assisting:)

3 Replies
best response confirmed by down-to-earth (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@down-to-earth This requires a few extra steps by which you dynamically categorise each value in the groups for Low, Med or High. Then you create a stacked bar chart of the three series and format each series to the desired colour. See attached for an example chart.

Thanks Riny, fantastic- this was extremely helpful and exactly what I needed to know. THANK YOU SO MUCH! :). My apologies for my delayed reply I was unwell last week so had to take time out. Thanks, this is most helpful. :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by down-to-earth (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@down-to-earth This requires a few extra steps by which you dynamically categorise each value in the groups for Low, Med or High. Then you create a stacked bar chart of the three series and format each series to the desired colour. See attached for an example chart.

View solution in original post