Search formula does not work consistant

Copper Contributor

I have created a search formula in Excel which gives back a text if it is found.

After creating, it actually gives back the text I expect, so it works. The issue is the following:
When closing the file and the file is used by other users sometimes the field does not gives back anything. This is without any change in the field containing the search or the data which is to be checked.
When I open a previous version of the file from the version history, the field works as expected, but after replacing the the current one with the older version the fields suddenly become blank (only the output, the search formula is still in there).
Maybe it has something to do with the settings of the other users. Does anybody recognize this problem and knows how to solve it?

3 Replies

@DRaadt 

Could you attach a sample workbook (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar? Thanks in advance.

@Hans Vogelaar

How can I attach an Excel document to this chat?

@DRaadt 

If you don't see an area to drag and drop files in below the space where you compose a reply, you can upload the file to a cloud service such as Google Drive or OneDrive, share the file and post a link to the shared file in your reply.