Search for text using nested IF

Copper Contributor

I wanna use nested IF(AND(SERACH formula to find the first letter on the left in B:B column based on the statues on C:C column and return the product name (SONY and VOLVO) in Condition 1 column if it's sell and condition 2 column if it's buy

EXCEL_jhVijJTME4.png

6 Replies

@Alaa_Ajaj 

=IF(AND(LEFT($B3,1)="V",$C3="Sell",ISEVEN(COLUMN())),"Volvo",IF(AND(LEFT($B3,1)="S",$C3="Sell",ISEVEN(COLUMN())),"Sony",IF(AND(LEFT($B3,1)="V",$C3="Buy",ISODD(COLUMN())),"Volvo",IF(AND(LEFT($B3,1)="S",$C3="Buy",ISODD(COLUMN())),"Sony",""))))

You can try this nested IF formula.

nested if.JPG 

Thank you very much it worked perfectly

hi,

try this

=CHOOSE(($C3=D$2)*((LEFT($B3,1)="v")+(LEFT($B3,1)="s")*2)+1,"","volvo","Sony")

2023-03-27 23_00_04-Window.png

@Alaa_Ajaj 

I got zero values
I tested the formula it returned the values I needed, but for the blank cells I need to enter data manually I got an errors while I fill the cells is there anyway that the formula doesn't affect the blank cells?

@Aladdin_Ajaj 

I'm not sure what the problem with the blank cells is. In the attached file is an example with a dynamic table and a formula for buy and a formula for sell and they seem to return the intended result. With 2 formulas we don't need ISEVEN(COLUMN()) and ISODD(COLUMN()) anymore because these formulas aren't copied across columns D and E.

The solution by @Hecatonchire works as expected in my sheet in columns G and H.

nested if dynamic table.JPG