SOLVED

Search for matching cell value on another worksheet

Copper Contributor

Hello, Community -

What I am trying to do is confirm that the values in column B in one worksheet are contained in column B of another worksheet.  The list I'm wanting to evaluate is over 1,000 cells in length.  The example that I attached contains about 20 - but you get the idea.  I'm not very fluent in Excel, so I thought I could get some guidance from those in the know.  A quick alphabet search mentions VBA, but I don't know what that means or if there's even another option.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Roddy8892 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
=VLOOKUP(B5,'Combined Tracking Punch List'!$B$5:$B$85,1,FALSE)
Enter formula in sheet "LREG - Tracking Punch List" in cell F5.
Then copy formula down to F64. Formula returns description names in all cells. This means that all descriptions from sheet "LREG - Tracking Punch List" are found in sheet "Combined Tracking Punch List" in range $B$5:$B$85.
=VLOOKUP(B5,'LREG - Tracking Punch List'!$B$5:$B$66,1,FALSE)
Enter formula in sheet "Combined Tracking Punch List" in cell F5 and copy formula down to the end of the list.
Formula returns " #NA " in some cells, which means that description from sheet is not found in sheet "LREG - Tracking Punch List".
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Roddy8892 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
=VLOOKUP(B5,'Combined Tracking Punch List'!$B$5:$B$85,1,FALSE)
Enter formula in sheet "LREG - Tracking Punch List" in cell F5.
Then copy formula down to F64. Formula returns description names in all cells. This means that all descriptions from sheet "LREG - Tracking Punch List" are found in sheet "Combined Tracking Punch List" in range $B$5:$B$85.
=VLOOKUP(B5,'LREG - Tracking Punch List'!$B$5:$B$66,1,FALSE)
Enter formula in sheet "Combined Tracking Punch List" in cell F5 and copy formula down to the end of the list.
Formula returns " #NA " in some cells, which means that description from sheet is not found in sheet "LREG - Tracking Punch List".

View solution in original post