Scroll bar in middle of page

Copper Contributor

I've had a problem with a worksheet in a workbook.  All the other sheets/tabs are fine except one.  There is a useless scroll bar in the middle of the worksheet. The bar will scroll up and down but doesn't do anything.  It just appeared one day.  How do I get rid of it?

4 Replies

@CherylBlair My guess is that someone accidentally added either a Form or ActiveX control onto that sheet:

mtarler_0-1615841075203.png

Hopefully you have the 'Developer' menu (see the top of the image to the right of 'View').  If not then you may need to add it.  You can first try selecting the scroll bar by using a right click and then once selected you can press delete but you may need to first put the sheet into 'Design Mode' (see the option under the Developer menu in the above image).  Once in Design mode you should be able to select the scroll bar and hit delete.  

If you don't have Developer menu available then 

1. On the File tab, go to Options > Customize Ribbon.
  2. Under Customize the Ribbon and under Main Tabs, select the Developer check box.

(per the microsoft link)

I also found an alternative way:
Under the HOME menu go to 'Find & Select' and then 'Goto Special'
Then select Objects and click OK
This should select the scroll bar. If you have more than 1 object on the page you may have to unselect the object you don't want to delete (shift-click). Then delete or under home select 'cut'
No objects found. :(

@mtarler upon Entering Developer, Design Mode is greyed out, i.e. not selectable!