SOLVED

scroll and Pan through a worksheet problem

Copper Contributor

Whenever I tried to scroll through a worksheet, scroll down wheel jumps cell by cell! sometimes the cells are too long and I fail to reach to the bottom part of the cell because the mouse scroll will jump into the next cell before I finish reading the current,

Note: Holding down the wheel and drag the pointer won't help much as Excell will jump again to the next cell as soon as you release holding down the wheel.

Is there any way to optimize the scroll option to be simply scrolled by pixels instead of cells, I mean to scroll like internet browser like an example? normal scroll function !?

4 Replies
Press the middle mouse button (might be the wheel), some arrows will appear and then you can scroll smoothly by just moving the mouse up or down.

Did this do the job?
best response confirmed by Alrifae (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Alrifae 

Nope, smooth scrolling doesn't work in Excel so far. As soon as you release the wheel or left button if you scroll by right ruler, Excel jumps on next cell.

You may vote for smooth scrolling here Have Excel scroll better when there are large cells 

it seems hard to scroll like this!, Are they planning to add it later by any chance? anyone complaining about it or it's not considered as a problem?

@Alrifae , that's uservoice to communicate with Microsoft, hope they will improve that functionality one day. I have no idea about concrete plans.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Alrifae (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Alrifae 

Nope, smooth scrolling doesn't work in Excel so far. As soon as you release the wheel or left button if you scroll by right ruler, Excel jumps on next cell.

You may vote for smooth scrolling here Have Excel scroll better when there are large cells 

View solution in original post