SOLVED

Scatterplots

Copper Contributor

Hello! I am using the EXCEL bivariate scatterplot function to create Lorenz curves and Gini coefficients using 16 data points. Both the X and Y axes are supposed to have a range from 0 to 1.0 as defined in the corresponding Excel data columns. While my Y axis data appears in the scatter plot with the correct 0 to 1.0 range, the X-axis data is consistently appearing with a range of 1 to 16, so mimicking the number of data entries rather than the correct numerical range the X-axis data values. This is obviously distorting my scatterplot results and creating an incorrect Lorenz curve. I tried adjusting the Axis Range for the X-axis, but that resulted in a grouping of all my data point at the 1.0 mark. Any ideas on how to correct this and get my X-axis on a 0 to 1.0 scale in tandem with the Y-axis? Many thanks for any help you can provide. JZ

4 Replies

@jzeidler_1208 

Could you attach a sample workbook, or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar?

Thank you, Hans. I have provided a DropBox link below which contains a sample Gini File. The two columns on the right of the Excel spreadsheet provide the data for my Y and X axes, and as I mentioned in my previous post, the problem I am having is with the X-axis data on the far right.
Thank you!
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/usjssjx6mmdkc7lfnzfwi/SAMPLE-GINI-FILE.xlsx?dl=0&rlkey=taavqaxkqgk02a...
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@jzeidler_1208 

You can edit the series and specify the x-values there:

S1309.png

Result:

S1310.png

See the attached version.

@Hans Vogelaar 

Thank you for your assistance!!  Yes, that should do the trick.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@jzeidler_1208 

You can edit the series and specify the x-values there:

S1309.png

Result:

S1310.png

See the attached version.

View solution in original post