SCANABLE BAR CODE

Copper Contributor

Can someone explain this Formula, my question is how does A2 know to use the font to create the Bar Code? When you enter information into A1 it converts A2 to Bar Code.

The formula is at the top in the Excel spreadsheet.

Fairly new to Excel, I'm try to create a Bar Code Spreadsheet.

Thanks

Dale

6 Replies

Hi @Dale3158

it is just the special font the is set for cell A2 which displays the content as barcode:

DTE_0-1637826161491.png

If you change that font to, lets say Arial, it will look like the content in A1

So, it’s not part of the formula, I’m having a tough time trying to figure out this Bar Code for Excel.
How does the formula know to print the Bar Code font in A2?

Hi @Dale3158 

the formula itself does not know anything about fonts. The font has been selected manually for cell A2.

So, if you manually change the font in A2, there will be know barcode anymore in this cell. If you switch the font back to what it is now, then will get the barcode again

Ok, so my next question, is it possible to add a font to a formula, so you can add more than 1 cell, multiple cells, that when you change the information in cells it prints the bar code.
Thanks
Dale

Hi @Dale3158 

as I explained in my previous answer, a formula does not know anyhting about fonts. In other words, you cannot add a font to a formula.

If you want more cells to show the barcode, copy the formula in all cells and change the font for these cells via the ribbon manually. You can just select all the cells that you need the barcode in change the font with one click for all of them.

Thanks DTE
Really appreciate the help, I will try that.
Dale