Scaling spreadsheet in Excel for Mac

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am running Excel for Mac and want to print a worksheet. The sheet has around 70 rows and about 40 columns. I want the sheet to print out on one page wide and 2 pages tall, maybe even three pages. I have selected 11x17 in the print options. If I try to print 1 page wide by 2 tall, the content of the spreadsheet becomes extremely small. If I try to scale to fit then, it reduces my number of pages to 1 but enlarges the content. I cannot seem to have two printed pages with larger content size.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9 Replies

@Mark_Singleton_93 Not sure I follow, but did you try it this way?

Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 17.26.42.png

Repeat header rows in the Sheet tab, if needed.

@Riny_van_Eekelen My window looks a little different than yours because I have Excel for Mac

@Mark_Singleton_93 I'm on a Mac as well. Big Sur 11.2. That's why it may look different from yours.

@Riny_van_Eekelen Ok. Thanks. I am running Big Sur 11.2.1. Mine looks like the below.

Mark_Singleton_93_0-1613156731020.png

Not sure why there is a difference

@Mark_Singleton_93 This looks like your print settings. You need to look at page set-up first, On the Page lay-out ribbon.

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 20.31.18.png

@Riny_van_Eekelen Thanks, Riny. I did look at that. The spreadsheet I have is 40 columns and is a client spreadsheet. I was on a chat with Microsoft yesterday and saw something about spreadsheets with over 30 columns of data cannot have the scaling changed for printing. Do you know anything about this rule?

@Mark_Singleton_93 Never heard of that. Sorry!

@Riny_van_Eekelen No worries. Thank you for your help!