SOLVED

Scaling sheet in workbook

Copper Contributor

I have three tabs in a particular wook book the first tab seems to work just fine as long as I set the margin on the right and left to "0".  the second tab contains a similar sheet but it will not scale to print or to convert to a pdf.  I have done about every configuration imaginable and nothing works.  I have

1. Updated my 64 bit Windows Professional OS

2. Uninstalled Office 2010

3. Installed Office home & business 2013

4. Changed settings regarding size of document and scaling

Any help or insight to my problem is urgently needed

2 Replies

Hi @zcarp 

From File --> Options --> on the left side click on Advance  --> under General 

remove the selection from "Scale content for A4 or 8.5 x 11" paper sizes"

scale.png

* If my post helped you, please click on like.

best response confirmed by zcarp (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jihad Al-Jarady  Thank you for the response.  it dawned on me that the problem might be coming from a source other than the excel program. I remember word being jumpy when I changed from windows 7 to 10.  As odd as it sounded at the time I was directed to uninstall my HP Laser jet Pro 452dn printer to solve the problem.  Low and behold it worked.  After much frustration yesterday with the scaling problem I thought it might me more of a printer problem than excel, sure enough, once I uninstalled HP software the scaling feature in excel worked.  With a fresh install of HP software I am not having any problems.  Thanks for taking the time to help, you are very much appreciated.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by zcarp (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jihad Al-Jarady  Thank you for the response.  it dawned on me that the problem might be coming from a source other than the excel program. I remember word being jumpy when I changed from windows 7 to 10.  As odd as it sounded at the time I was directed to uninstall my HP Laser jet Pro 452dn printer to solve the problem.  Low and behold it worked.  After much frustration yesterday with the scaling problem I thought it might me more of a printer problem than excel, sure enough, once I uninstalled HP software the scaling feature in excel worked.  With a fresh install of HP software I am not having any problems.  Thanks for taking the time to help, you are very much appreciated.

View solution in original post