Running total across multiple columns

Copper Contributor

I have a column(Column H) which has a running balance going down the sheet.   The balance is made up of values from columns F and G.   i.e   starting balance on line 1 in H is 3200.  In line 2 there is a subtraction of 200 in column G which reduces the balance of H to 3000.  In line 3 there is an addition of 1000 in column F and a subtraction of 300 in column G which means that column H is now 2700.

It is possible to construct a formula which incorporates this process as the column H cell is always dependent on the value of the column H cell on the previous line plus the addition of the column F and G cells on the current line.   

8 Replies
An image or file would be beneficial to better understand what is wanted.

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE

Hi Nikolino.  

I have attached the sheet.   The original sheet is larger but I have cropped out this portion in relation to the issue.   The current values in Column C(original column H) were pre-populated but the column was missing the original entry of the 3200 which means that all of the following entries need to be adjusted and I hoping that there is global way to do the whole column as opposed to manually changing each entry.    Further, some of the entries in column C are clearly incorrect based upon the pattern.

@keurisandassoc 

My english is not the best ... is it a simple subtraction? see example in file

@NikolinoDE 

Thanks Nikolino but Column A is going to add to the total  in column h and column b is going to subtract from the total in column H.

@keurisandassoc 

Still don't know what exactly is required ... I'm out of order today, sry ... please take a look at this file, is that it?

is column H, column C?

in the TestSheet is see Numbers only in A,B,C...H is empty.

@keurisandassoc 

If miss initial 3200 figures will be as in your sample

image.png

With initial 3200 (in A2) it's like

image.png

@Sergei Baklan 

Thank you and to the other respondents for the replies and the answer.    I will check the formula on the internet to understand it..