Row Height Changes By Itself

Copper Contributor

I have an Excel 2016 Workbook in Excel with Prayer Requests on Legal size paper. Some only use the row height necessary for the font on one row. Others are longer and may be 2 or even 3 lines. Now I go through the workbook and set all of the row heights properly for the number of lines of text and go back a couple days later and the heights have changed on their own. Very frustrating to say the least. I'm going to try to attach a screen print of a page with an example of what it is doing and would greatly appreciate any and all help.

Thank you

Jerry

3 Replies
Please try the following to resolve the issue:
1. Boot Excel 2016
2. Open [Excel Options] dialog. ([File]-[Options])
3. Select [Advanced] tab, turn on [Cut, copy and sort inserted objects with their parent cells] option. (In [Cut, copy and paste] section)

*This will not resize rows that are currently set to 409.5 but I would like to know if this keeps rows from doing this in the future.
Refer the below thread : https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/47740b73-9e06-442b-94af-5fbac0956add/excel-row-hei...

I don’t know what the 409.5 is but I’m setting my row heights anywhere from 40 to 150 depending on the lines of text.

This one worksheet in the workbook is about 500 rows long and this morning I have corrected at least 30 of them and am not

even ½ way through it. The settings were already set as you specified. What a pain to fix them every time I want to print.

Any more suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

Jerry

I know this is going to be almost impossible to believe but on the 12th of January I made a brand new copy of the entire workbook by copying the worksheets one at a time and putting them in a new workbook. I saved it on an external hard drive I have and it HAS NOT changed. I know it's only 3 days but the other one did change again. I just made a few additions to it, the one on the hard drive, and will watch it and report back. There still has to be a reason excel is changing it on the pc though.

Thanks

Jerry

(Stranger things have happened)