Row and Column Totals in Excel Pivot Table

Copper Contributor

I would like to enter data (numbers) into a table with rows by date and columns as categories of activities. And then in a pivot table reverse the rows & columns so that dates are columns and activities are rows.  I wish to have both Row and Column totals in the pivot table but so far it displays row totals but not column totals.  I would also like to filter the dates and again am not sure how to do that in this pivot table.

The pictures show the data table, pivot table fields and pivot table.

Excel Data Table.jpgExcel Pivot Fields.jpgExcel Pivot Table.jpg

2 Replies

@Bob_Griffin 

In the PivotTable Options dialog box, on the Totals & Filters tab, do one of the following: To show totals, either select "Show totals for columns" or "Show totals for rows" or both.

Subtotal and total fields in a PivotTable

In the PivotTable Options dialog box, on the Totals & Filters tab, do one of the following: To show totals, either select "Show totals for columns" or "Show totals for rows" or both.

@NikolinoDE 
Thanks for your reply.  I forgot to mention that I've already selected On for Rows and Columns and have tried On for Columns only but it never displays the column totals.  I've attached the file if you care to look at it.