Rotating "tables" as in pool table assignments for tournament

Copper Contributor

I need help finding a formula or combination of formulas to "auto-assign" the next available pool table during tournaments.

In my brackets, once a match is completed, the winner is designated using a "w".

I would then like that pool table number to be assigned to the next available match. 

Using this screenshot, when match 7 is completed on Table #1, I need match 11 to show Table #1.

I've used a combination of IF formulas to get this to work, however I can't get it to do so without changing the table assignments of the other matches already in play. (meaning if I complete match 7, using my formulas, match 8 changes to table 1, match 9 changes to table 2, match 10 changes to table 3, and match 11 then shows as table 4, and I need match 11 to show table 1, and the other matches not to change once assigned.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Tom_Witzman_0-1596035769282.png

1 Reply

@Tom_Witzman well it could be done using a macro or if you added a timestamp to the finish of the game.  BUT if you can accept that match 11 will use table 1 whenever match 7 is done (which also makes the contestants know where they will play ahead of time) then that formula is very possible.  So it isn't that the next match number will necessarily be the next match to start but rather start as soon as the preceding match using their "assigned" table finishes.