SOLVED

Reversing the x-axis on a Combo chart (2 different y-axes) only flips the values for one of the two?

Copper Contributor

I will attach three images. The first is this combo chart, but as you can see, the months are in reverse chronological order. 

2017-07-28 15_39_41-Book1 - Microsoft Excel.png

However, attempting to flip all data by selecting the "Categories in reverse order" button in the formatting of the x-axis only flips one of the two datasets, and not both:

2017-07-28 15_39_53-Book1 - Microsoft Excel.png

I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong, here. Googling hasn't helped me.

My dataset in question:

2017-07-28 15_43_09-Book1 - Microsoft Excel.png

6 Replies
best response confirmed by Robin Bach (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Robin,

On your initial graph after you added secondary vertical axis add secondary horizontal axis, it will repeat the primary one and will be on the top of the graph. After that select primary horizontal axis, reverse it. Next select secondary horizontal axis, reverse as well. Select secondary horizontal axis and delete it.

I have a simple scatter chart with reversed x-axis values. I want to move the y-axis from the right of the chart to left. Is that possible?

@AliMoezzi 

Under 'Vertical axis crosses', select 'Maximum axis value'.

S1238.png

Thank you for prompt response. This will keep the y-axis on the right side of the chart. I want the y-axis to move to the left.

@AliMoezzi 

Do you use a right-to-left language such as Arabic?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Robin Bach (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Robin,

On your initial graph after you added secondary vertical axis add secondary horizontal axis, it will repeat the primary one and will be on the top of the graph. After that select primary horizontal axis, reverse it. Next select secondary horizontal axis, reverse as well. Select secondary horizontal axis and delete it.

View solution in original post