SOLVED

return the data from another table

Copper Contributor

Hi 

I'm trying to get the data from the table in the next sheet 

so when I make counting for the inventory I make sure that it,s the correct item 

I just need when I reed the barcode with the barcode reader the UOM get the data from the list table there are 3 barcodes columns and next to each one of them the uint 

so how to make a formula that gets data when it found the number get the data from the next cell on the right side 

8 Replies

Hi please see if you can help me I need to take the data 

if the barcode was in column barcode 3 then get the UOM from the unit 3 column same row if need more explain well do

sorry for my bad English

I know I can count on you

Hi Saeed

Please see the attached file, hope it will help you.

Thanks

Hi @tauqeeracma thank you for your help 

this can't work because it works with only 1 column 

I have 3 columns of barcodes and eath one of them have his special Unit in a separate column  

so when I take a read of barcode I want it to know from which column and then return the unit next to that column 

column 1   /  column 2   /   column 3 /   column 4   /  column 5  /   column 6

row 1            barcode 3  /  unit3        /    barcode 2 /  unit 2        /   barcode 1 /   uint1 

row 2           63555262 / Psc             /    63555263 /  dozen       /    63555264 / carton 

so if I take a read and if it was 63555262 then it returns in the UOM column in the stock count sheet 

Psc and if I reed the 62555263 then return dozen and so on 

I hope that I clear what I need and I thank you all in advance 

my regards 

best response confirmed by saeedom1988 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Saeed, 

Based on your requirement I have modified the file, hopefully it will fulfill your need now.

Thanks,

Tauqeer

Hi @tauqeeracma 

thanks a lot Tauqeer that what I need I hope all the best for you and if you don't mind to advice me in the formula and the speed of the file

are there a way to adjust the formula so when there are more than 5400 rows it will update automatically 

"=IF([@[Product Barcode]]="","",(IFERROR(VLOOKUP([@[Product Barcode]],list!$B$4:$C$5400,2,0),IFERROR(VLOOKUP([@[Product Barcode]],list!$D$4:$E$5400,2,0),IFERROR(VLOOKUP([@[Product Barcode]],list!$F$4:$G$5400,2,0),"")))))"

and does the 3 Vlookup in the same formula needs a lot of memory because I intend to use this file in tablet I'm afraid it will get slow when I'm counting 

is there a way to make this file lighter and work fast in a tablet in general

thanks from the heart  

best regards 

Saeed 

You are most welcome.

In case number of rows are more than 5,400 then you just need to edit the range in the formula. For example if you have 7,000 rows then your new formula will be :

IF([@[Product Barcode]]="","",(IFERROR(VLOOKUP([@[Product Barcode]],list!$B$4:$C$7000,2,0),IFERROR(VLOOKUP([@[Product Barcode]],list!$D$4:$E$7000,2,0),IFERROR(VLOOKUP([@[Product Barcode]],list!$F$4:$G$7000,2,0),"")))))"

I think due to some extra formatting your file is slow. I will try to simplify it and update you accordingly. Three vlookup() in a same formula will not consume more memory.

Thanks
Tauqeer

Hi @tauqeeracma 

thanks, man you are the best 

Hi @tauqeeracma 

these are the final file

if you can check to find a faster way to work with me it will be helpful 

I will use the tablet for counting the product in the store 

then I will copy the data and paste it in the second file to find the difference and make the inventory report 

thanks for all the help you give and I wish all the best for you 

my regards 

Saeed

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by saeedom1988 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Saeed, 

Based on your requirement I have modified the file, hopefully it will fulfill your need now.

Thanks,

Tauqeer

View solution in original post